Glion Institute of Higher Education
Switzerland, London & Online
Glion Institute of Higher Education is one of the world’s finest Swiss hospitality management schools.
Founded in 1962, it has been at the forefront of Swiss hospitality business degrees for decades. Its hospitality, and event, sport and entertainment management degrees offer ambitious individuals the chance to build brilliant careers.
Glion’s business-oriented degrees are studied at three unique campuses or online:
Glion’s multicampus programs allow bachelor and postgraduate students to experience all three campuses.
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
- Canton of Fribourg, Switzerland
Glion’s educational model of academic and experiential learning through internships and applied business studies will develop solid leadership capabilities. It offers more specialization options than any other hospitality management school.
Its private education settings in both London and Switzerland are ideal for individual student nurturing at the following degree levels:
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Hospitality Management (3.5 years)
Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Hospitality (3.5 years). Specializations in Sustainable Development in Tourism, Finance and Revenue Management, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing, Event Management, Environmental Management.
BBA in Event, Sport and Entertainment Management (3.5 years)
BA in International Event Management
BA in International Sport Management
BA in Event, Sport and Entertainment Marketing and Communication Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Hospitality Administration (1.5 years)
Postgraduate Higher Diploma in Hospitality Administration (2 years)
Postgraduate Diploma in Event, Sport and Entertainment Administration Management (1.5 years)
Postgraduate Higher Diploma in Event, Sport and Entertainment Administration Management (2 years)
MSc in International Hospitality Finance 6 months online, 6 months on campus (1 year)
MBA in International Hospitality and Service Industries Management with Leadership or Marketing (1 year)
100% Online MBA in International Hospitality and Service Industries Management (2.5 years)
“I still keep in touch with most of my friends from Glion, and not only those with the same nationality, and I have already hosted Glion events in my hotel in Lisbon, which has been awarded last year with the Entrepreneurial Award. I am a regular participant and member of The Glion Industry Panel, and attend meetings every year in Switzerland to advise and give my view on course contents and future projects.”
“The reason I chose Glion was because of its exceptional reputation, the quality of the teaching and because the skills I knew I was going to learn would support me to become a successful hotelier. Having the opportunity from Glion to work anywhere in the world is absolutely exceptional. You don’t get that very often.”
“Glion is the only school to provide you with a real and true multicultural environment. The Glion education made me flexible, able to deal with different cultures, as well as providing me with the right knowledge I needed for my current position.”
SCHOOLS & STUDENT LIFE
- Glion offers you a beautiful learning environment above the lakeside resort of Montreux, with views over the French Alps and Lake Geneva.
- You can take part in plenty of sports activities both on campus (gym) and off campus (tennis, sailing, skiing)
- Students are as likely to organize outings to Milan and Paris, as much as Montreux
- Academic study is combined with experiential learning. You develop hard and soft-skills to help you excel in your career: in Rooms, Service, Front of Desk, Kitchen
- Bulle is a modern residential campus, developed specifically for higher education, and set in the heart of the Gruyère region.
- If you are an MBA or postgraduate student, Bulle will be your home. Postgraduate students are able to enjoy the campus for one semester, and undergraduate students from Glion will be here for the last two years of their program
- You are around the corner from Moléson ski resort and Gstaad is just 45 minutes away
- You are located near the historic city of Gruyère, home to the world-famous cheese
- The lively university-town of Fribourg and Switzerland’s capital, Bern are just 30 minutes away.
- Glion London is set in the heritage Whitelands College, London, one of England’s oldest university buildings
- Whitelands College is located in the picturesque grounds of the University of Roehampton campus, providing you with a vibrant and diverse student experience
- The accommodations are modern with private rooms with en-suite bathrooms
- The college has an extensive library, with 24-hour access during peak academic times
- You can enjoy all the benefits of being on a British University with access to over 60 societies and sports clubs, fitness club and extensive sports facilities
- The campus is close to London city centre – the hospitality, events and financial capital of Europe
Glion has close links with industry to ensure its curricula are relevant and its job placement rate is high
Number of company recruitment visits per semester
As a successful entrepreneur myself, I can spot those who have the qualities and skills to become future leaders. I was impressed by the caliber of the students at Glion, the emerging talent that is nurtured and developed by the Glion faculty and the relevant training and excellent education that students receive.
“We have seen great project work undertaken by a number of Glion graduates, all having a direct impact on driving our business forward.”
“Glion students have developed their soft skills to an excellent standard for people of their age. They tend to be better prepared than students from other schools when it comes to securing a position on a graduate entry program.”